https://www.bestcpmnetwork.com/wm8r0f4h?key=71e22323cafc6f23c987737c78d66ca2 Dan's Gardening and Birding Blog: Welcome to My Blog

Monday, January 13, 2014

Welcome to My Blog

Photo


Welcome fellow gardeners and birding enthusiasts!  My gardening interests and expertise mainly involve vegetable gardening, but I occasionally venture into flowers and landscaping .  I am a birding enthusiast year round which in the winter primarily consists of feeding and observing birds.

Here in central New York State the winters are long, so birding offers a great pastime to brighten up the winter months.  I am always on the lookout for different species and like to photograph birds as well.  Every February I participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count (http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc).  I will be providing more information on that in future posts.

Below is a photo I took yesterday of a red-bellied woodpecker at my backyard feeder.  He has been hanging around for a few weeks, and he finally paid a visit to the feeder closest to the house so I could snap a quick photo on my cell phone.  Enjoy!


Even though we're in the midst of a long winter, I am starting the planning stages of my upcoming vegetable garden for 2014.  More posts to follow.  Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment