https://www.bestcpmnetwork.com/wm8r0f4h?key=71e22323cafc6f23c987737c78d66ca2 Dan's Gardening and Birding Blog: Bald Eagle and Other Bird Photos - Enjoy

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bald Eagle and Other Bird Photos - Enjoy

Welcome back.

Yesterday turned out to be a great day weather wise, and even a better day in regards to bird watching.   On Monday the temperature was around 40 degrees with brilliant sunshine, the first 40 degree day we've had in months.  It was also only the second day of daylight savings time which made it seem even better as it now stays light until around 7 PM.

I was already home yesterday afternoon when my wife came through the front door all excited.  However, she was whispering, saying that I had to look out back.  What she said next got me even more excited. "There's a bald eagle out there"!

So I grabbed the camera and luckily the eagle stayed perched in the tree for about 10 minutes.  It wasn't until I went outside to try to get closer that the majestic creature took off.

These birds are simply magnificent.  They are more commonly found in the lower elevations along rivers, where food is more readily available.  We have seen them a few times before near our house on the hill (elevation is 1500 feet), but not directly out back of our house.  I have never had the opportunity to photograph one.  Now I want a better camera.

Well, enough said, here are a few of the photos I was able to capture:








Now for some photos.  In my next post I will write about starting vegetables indoors.  Believe it or not it's getting to be that time of the year.


Downy Woodpecker


Mourning Doves

Northern Cardinal

Blue Jay

House Sparrow

Until next time.













No comments:

Post a Comment