https://www.bestcpmnetwork.com/wm8r0f4h?key=71e22323cafc6f23c987737c78d66ca2 Dan's Gardening and Birding Blog: Planting Flower Bulbs

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Planting Flower Bulbs

Welcome back.  I wrote this post about a month ago but didn't publish since I have been focusing on bird watching lately.  I planted the bulbs in mid October.

This post is a little different for me, although I do at times cover flowers, mainly perennial.  We haven't planted bulbs in many years.  Now that I am retired, I'm finding more time to expand my horizons.  

We decided to plant some bulbs in a new bed I created last fall underneath a crab apple tree in the side yard.  Planting bulbs is pretty straight forward, hopefully the results will be good.




When planting bulbs, first of all, be sure that they are correct for the Zone you live in.  Also, be sure to follow directions especially as to the correct planting depth.  Since this bed is mulched with shredded pine mulch, that should provide an extra layer of protection over the winter months.

It is a good idea also to label what was planted, as it may be hard to remember come Spring.


 



I have recently also planted bulbs in the beds in front of our house in-between the shrubs.  In these beds I planted, tulips, daffodils, crocuses and irises.

Finally, a video how to regarding planting bulbs:


Thanks for reading.  Until next time.








No comments:

Post a Comment