https://www.bestcpmnetwork.com/wm8r0f4h?key=71e22323cafc6f23c987737c78d66ca2 Dan's Gardening and Birding Blog: Heirloom Tomatoes/Wild Turkeys At Raquette Lake, NY

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Heirloom Tomatoes/Wild Turkeys At Raquette Lake, NY

Welcome back.  I hope you are enjoying reading my blog as the summer draws to a close.

Sunflowers in Full Bloom

Although our family is on vacation this week in Raquette Lake,  NY,  I decided to write a short entry. 
The tomato harvest is well underway as the month of August comes to an end.  On the morning
we left for the Adirondacks, I picked some nice tomatoes and also some hot peppers.  We have been enjoying them while at camp.

Hungarian Wax and Jalapeno Peppers


As you may recall, I planted a mixture of hot peppers that included these two varieties.  They were started from seed as described in my post on March 30, 2014 (http://dansgardening.blogspot.com/2014/03/planting-peppersspringtime-birds.html).

The larger heirloom tomatoes are now starting to ripen, as I picked a few from the heirloom mixture that I planted (also from seed).  Refer to my post on March 25, 2014 (http://dansgardening.blogspot.com/2014/03/its-tomato-starting-time.html).


Cherokee Purple and Dixie Golden Giant (large tomatoes).  Also Corborino and Artisan.

I'm sure that by the time we get home in a few days, there will be an abundance of all of the varieties.  In the coming weeks I will also be harvesting the rest of the potatoes (I only have dug a few hills), and also some Brussels sprouts and sweet Spanish onions.

Finally, a few photos of some wild turkeys that have been wondering frequently around the property of the cabin we are currently renting in Raquette Lake, NY.




Until Next time


No comments:

Post a Comment