https://www.bestcpmnetwork.com/wm8r0f4h?key=71e22323cafc6f23c987737c78d66ca2 Dan's Gardening and Birding Blog: Planting Herbs/More Bird Photos

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Planting Herbs/More Bird Photos

Today I replanted some herbs since my plants were about two years old, and not very healthy anymore. I threw out the old plants, discarded the soil, and washed the pots.

Then I re-filled the pots with fresh potting soil and replanted.  Today I planted chives and basil.  Parsley to follow once I buy more seeds.  We decided to plant two pots each of basil and parsley since those are the herbs we tend to use most often.

Once planted, I covered the pots with plastic wrap secured with a rubber band.  The pots were then placed in a warm room that gets a few hours of sun each day, in this case underneath the Boston fern in the dining room (south facing window).







It was a good weekend for bird watching as the foot of snow we got on Wednesday brought them out in force:

Dark-eyed Junco

American Tree Sparrow

European Starlings

Tufted Titmouse

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment